2D/3D C++ game framework written for use with SFML.
Project maintained by gamepopper
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by mattgraham
Vigilante Framework (or VFrame for short) is a high level framework built to run with SFML to make 2D games with basic 3D rendering.
- Sprite Rendering with Frame-by-Frame animation
- Tiled (Texture Repeating) sprites, plus animation!
- Custom Text Rendering
- Full Rectangle and Circle collision with Collision Response
- 3D Graphics (Using Modern OpenGL)
- Game State and Substate Management
- Multipass Post Process Effects
- SFML (Preferably 2.4.0 or Higher) and all the required external libraries needed to build projects with it.
- GLEW (If you want to use the 3D rendering capabilities, otherwise you need to define the VFRAME_NO_3D preprocessor to disable it)
Guides and Info
Documentation for the Vigilante Framework can be found on this link. You can also refer to the GitHub Repository’s Wiki page for tutorials on how to use some of the features of the framework.
Despite being marked as version 1.0, this framework still has room for improvement. Feel free to get in touch to suggest ways to improve functionality or features to add.